11/7 One Family From Pearlington So farWilliamhttp://realpeoplerelief.blogspot.com/2006/10/william.html Please print the picture to post in your neighborhood shopping areas for added assistance to these families. Right click on the picture to save, and then print with your color printer. It is sized for 8/5x11 paper.
As some of you may know, I've registered with the Make a Difference Day initiative being held on October 28, 2006. First, I urge you to do the same thing - http://www.makeadifferenceday.com/
is where you can do this.
Next, I registered a project that I had been planning for some time, and had only just decided to initiate. Because I want the Gulf Coast to have as much focus as possible, I am delaying the project by about a week. My project is called - Real People Relief and the address will be http://www.realpeoplerelief.blogspot.com/
. I have already registered the name, so no worries about a name change.
I know many of you work with individual families who, along with you, are struggling to find the money for their daily living and recovery efforts. I am able to highlight up to 1 family a week from each organization who contacts me - leaving the information of each family up as long as I receive 2 updates a month - whether from them or you. I am willing to post up to 3 current pictures (I'll touch them up if needed, and resize if needed) and will rotate pictures as new ones become available.Individuals who contact me directly
will be placed under my banner of Katrina Networking. All of you who send me information will have those families placed under YOUR organization's banner, along with your website and contact information, should a person choose who wants to help actually chooses to volunteer.
I will send you the links for each family (or person) whose information you send to me, so that you have me edit the information as needed. You will also be able to send this link to your reader/volunteer base so they can follow the information with less effort on your part.
Since I continue to receive an increasing number of emails from both organizations and citizens alike regarding the fact little money is trickling down to their level, I feel this is a very important thing to do. Add that most people are just wanting to know they are not forgotten, I feel this will be a very important emotional assistance to those we are all trying to assist.
With that, I will paste my questionnaire into this email and would great appreciate any participation on your part.
Leslie HollyQuestionnaire For Inclusion On Real People Relief
Information Posted on Your Page
- I would like first and last, but please note what you feel comfortable having posted for all to see.Email:
- only contact information public will have about you. You will decide if you want them to know your full information by emailing them.Location:
- where you were; where you are; where you plan to be in a year.
Number in Household
: - Please include pets. First names, sex and age of each person.Situation
: – brief paragraph of what you’ve been through, who you’ve applied for help with, what has happened in the last year.
Current Living Arrangements:
- FEMA Trailer, Apartment, House, Tent?Help:
- what help, if any, have you received thus far?Photos
: - Up to current photos – can be rotated through as new images are sent.Needs:
Please list preferences; if you’re going to want, you might as well want what you want! Below are examples and in the categories to be listed under.Foods
– non-perishable onlyPaper Products
– Napkins, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, etc.School Supplies
– notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, etc.Computer Supplies
– paper, ink (give specific cartridges)Clothing
– list sizes and style color preferenceCleaning Supplies
– Windex, Dishwashing liquid, Laundry detergent, etc.Household Supplies
– light bulbs, kitchen supplies (pans, pots, etc.)Stores you shop at
– for possible gift cards or gift registry
Information Not Posted
Phone NumberWhat I Need from youTwice monthly updates:
- The more often I can update your information, the more frequently your information will be reviewed. People view blogs like an ongoing story. They get hooked on new little tidbits. If I don’t receive regular updates, the information will be pulled after 8 weeks.