Sunday, May 14, 2006

Charles B. Murphy Elementary Needs

10/22 From the USA Today - Make a Difference Day
350 parents, teachers, Rotary International members and KaBOOM! volunteers will build a playground for kids whose 2 schools were destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. The students, who now attend class in trailers, designed their new play space. This is KaBOOM!s 24th playground in the Gulf Region. At each project, volunteers are urged to "Play it Forward".

10/13 - From Jeanne
Hey! I'm got a lot to say and little time to say much (too many jobs to pay too many bills) but maybe this weekend I can get a minute to explain. In the meantime, can you put out a request for some help. IF anyone is going to be in this area the week of October 26-28th, Kaboom is putting in a badly needed playground at the "new" school site. We need bodies to help. You can give my email address and/or the school # 228 467-4655 for a contact. Thanks!! More when I get time!!
brooksjeanne AT hotmail DOT com




9/21
Hi Gang!! I'm up to my eyeballs in work (I guess that's good, but I'm sure beat at the end of the week) and I'm actually thinking ahead to Red Ribbon Week. By any chance do you have an old copy of one of the MCGruff the Crime Dog drug prevention videos you no longer want ? I had several but then we all know about that!! I've found some for sale but they're $80.00 and I just can't see spending that if someone has an extra they don't want that they're willing to part with. If so, I would be thrilled to get it. Let me know and I'll send you an address. Thanks for all you've ever done and continue to do!

Jeanne Brooks
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."(William Butler Yeats)

Again, from Jeanne - great resource!

Books -
http://www.hancock.k12.ms.us/Cbm/AcceleratedReaderQuizListCBM.htm

blank cd's and discs
play "kitchen" toys (like Little Tykes) for kindergarten
a sand table (kdg)
surge protectors (power strips)
books on tape/cd's (elementary) http://www.erckids.com/
computer software for elementary grades
funds to purchase activity tables for groupwork
childrens' sofas for library http://discountkidschairs.com/youth-furniture.html
physical education cart http://www.reallygoodstuff.com/
beanbags
listening centers/headsets

Gift cards to Wal mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Amazon.com, Office Depot
http://katrinanetworking.blogspot.com/2006/02/stores-to-buy-gift-cards-through.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter
1-800-Flowers Coupon